Mac Plant are looking to recruit a Commercial Manager. Please click on the link for more information.
If you are looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to develop your career further, this is an excellent opportunity to join a company with over 50 years of experience within the Civil Engineering industry. Working for both public and private sector clients, the appropriate applicant must mirror our company values in clear-thinking, high-quality delivery and passion for work. Mac Plant are a multi-disciplined civil engineering and surfacing company working with clients such as Devon County Council, Western Power Distribution, Housing Sector companies and numerous other private clients.
Our longstanding relationship – in excess of 35 years – acting as principal contractor on a variety of schemes for Devon County Council is a testament to our company stability, reliability and workmanship. The exponential growth of the company can be seen through Mac Plant expanding into the traffic management and ready-mix concrete supply sectors, with plans for continual development.
Our people are our greatest asset and we are continually searching for talented individuals to join the team. We pride ourselves on the impeccable service we deliver throughout all our divisions and stress that this same standard of service is delivered throughout, therefore it is vital that each and every member of the team portrays the same level of excellence.
Mac Plant are looking to recruit a Commercial Manager.
The Job Role
Commercial Managers oversee company needs, handle daily business issues, manage company associations, and recognise business opportunities. The job role involves constantly communicating and negotiating with clients or business associates with the continual view towards strategic expansion. Company procedures, standards and policies are always adhered to during the production of marketing campaigns and all other corporate tasks.
You’ll be contracted to 50 hours a week, however this may involve additional hours to meet the demands of the business.
Responsibilities of Job Role
- Examines company rules to make sure they stay relevant and makes recommendations for necessary changes
- Looks for opportunities to grow business, whether through partnerships or new initiatives, and works to take advantage of those opportunities
- Analyses sales and other reports that give insight into how the company can make adjustments to improve performance
- Undertakes bid writing tasks and assists the Managing Director with large tenders
- Works with contract managers
- Resolves issues with contracts and commercial operations
- Communicates with parties in a contract so that all understand the terms, particularly a contract’s financial aspects
- Assesses risks and makes recommendations based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in a business situation
- Manages daily company operations
- Can coach employees on best practices for managing contract issues and handling daily issues and tasks
- Accepts extra duties as situations arise
- Works efficiently and calmly around tight deadlines or as other stress factors arise
What we’re looking for in our Job Role
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong team player but able to work as an individual
- Good time management and the capacity to meet project deadlines
- Expert negotiating skills
- Comprehensive knowledge about the industry
- Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities
- Great leadership skills and ability to manage a team of staff
- Technical knowledge of travel distribution channels
- Impeccable IT skills including using Microsoft packages
- Full UK driving licence
What we’ll do for you
- Competitive salary
- Company vehicle
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 20 days Holiday plus bank holidays
- All PPE and Safety equipment provided
- Opportunities to further develop your skillset
If interested in the position, please get in touch by emailing your CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com